non-immigrant visa-oneVisas in this category are termed “Non-Immigrant Visas” because they are issued to people who have permanent residence outside the United States, but who are coming to America on a temporary basis. Such persons may be coming as a tourist, for medical treatment, on business, to study or for temporary work. Under U.S. Immigration law, an applicant for a Non-Immigrant Visa must prove to the Department of Homeland Security that he/she does not intend to permanently migrate to the United States.

Sample U. S. VisaThe decision to grant a Non-Immigrant Visa rests solely with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s home country. Consular Officers determine each applicant’s eligibility for a Non-Immigrant Visa. No two cases are handled in the same manner. Proof of intent to return home asked of one applicant may be more than what is asked of another applicant, even if the applicants are related.

It is extremely important to understand that having a Visa does not guarantee admission to the United States. A Visa allows the holder of that document to travel to a U.S. Port of Entry and request permission to enter this country. An Immigration Inspector working for the Department of Homeland Security (Customs and Border Protection Officer) will either allow or refuse entry to the Visa holder.

Sample USA Visa #2There are more than 23 U.S. Visa classifications and sub-classifications.  Below are examples of just some of the the types of Visas our firm can assist you with. They include, but are not limited to:

  • B-1/B-2   Business Visitors; Tourists; Medical Treatment.
  • F-1/F-2/F-3  Citizens or Residents of Mexico or Canada commuting to the U.S. for academic or language studies, their spouses and children.
  • H-1C/H-4   Registered Nurses coming to work in areas where health professionals are in short supply, their spouses and children.
  • J-1/J-2   Individuals, their spouses and children coming to America to study, work or to receive training under an exchange program recognized by the U.S. information agency. Persons who may qualify for J-1 visas include, but are not limited to, professors and/or scholars; interns; researchers; teachers; students; trainees; and, nannies/au pairs.
  • K-1/K-2   Fianc’e(e) s of U.S. Citizens coming to America to get married, and their minor, unmarried child(ren).
  • K-3/K-4  Spouses of u.S. Citizens who file both a K-1 Visa petition and a separate application to enter the U.S., and their minor, unmarried child(ren).
  • TN classification for eligible Canadian or Mexican citizens working in certain professions. This classification was created by the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement (“NAFTA”). Canadian or Mexican citizens who are outside the U.S. Do not have to acquire a petition for employment. Canadian citizens do not need to obtain TN-1 Consular Visas, they simply apply at class a U.S. Ports of entry. Mexican citizens are required to obtain tn visas at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Mexico. There is no annual cap on TN Visas for either Canadians or Mexicans.

Our firm can help you with the Non-Immigrant Visa Application you qualify for.

Service Areas

St. Tammany – Covington, Mandeville, Madisonville, Slidell, Abita Springs

Tangipahoa – Hammond, Amite, Kentwood, Independence,  Ponchatoula

Jefferson and Orleans – Metairie, Kenner, New Orleans, Harahan, Terrytown, Westwego

St. Bernard – Arabi, Chalmette, Poydras, Meraux, Violet

Lafourche – Thibodaux, Lockport, Golden Meadow, Kraemer

Terrebonne – Houma

To start the process to getting a Non-Immigrant Visa to America, click on the CONTACT US button below.